From formation through financing, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, Amadeus corporate team advise companies on a global scale and at every life cycle stage. We combine industry and regulatory knowledge with extensive deal experience and legal and financial skills to provide comprehensive service to clients across industries.
Out team guides clients in sectors as diverse as technology, health care and life sciences, energy, hospitality and finance through major corporate events and transactions as well as in their day-to-day operations. We have taken on some of the first IPOs for growth industries. Further, we represent venture capital funds, enabling us to match growth-focused companies and investors.
Working collaboratively across related legal disciplines including employee benefits, environmental laws and regulations, government contracts, intellectual property, labour, real estate, finance and tax, we assist clients with matters such as:
- Startup company formation
- Private and public financings
- M&A transactions
- Corporate governance
- Securities-related matters
- Capital markets
- Private equity and hedge fund investment
- Technology licensing
- Business finance and corporate restructuring
- Venture capital transactions
- Labor and employment concerns
- Executive compensation & benefits
- Estates, trusts & tax planning
- Investment funds & investment management
- Advertising, marketing, distribution & franchising
- Real estate
- International trade
- Regulatory compliance
- Global sourcing & technology transactions
- Corporate investigations & white collar defense
- Intellectual property protection, management and optimization
- Litigation & dispute resolution
As the profile of our clients would suggest, our initial consultancy work very often results in additional assignments for their broader corporate businesses. We provide a full suite of corporate legal and secretarial services covering all aspects in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Singapore.
Specifically, we offer specialization that has tended to focus on both personal and corporate asset protection.
We have established an extensive practice dealing with Unexplained Wealth Orders (UWO’s) which were introduced in the United Kingdom by the Criminal Finances Act 2017 and came into effect on 31 January 2018.
UWOs are viewed by UK law enforcement as a significant development in the clawing back of the proceeds of crime. A UWO requires a person to explain how an asset, such as real estate, was acquired. If the authorities are not satisfied with the person’s explanation, they may then attempt to seize the asset using powers under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
As a natural growth from the above, our corporate services extend to Asset Protection through the Securitization of Assets which:
- Permit the retention of full economic benefit of the assets whilst registered beneficial ownership is transferred to a global Top 100 Financial Institution
- Provide a long-term solution for asset protection
- Establish a professionally managed, cost-effective arms-length infrastructure to manage the assets
We have one of the leading industry specialists in-house as well as the ability to call upon best-in-class external resources given the scale of our activity.